1/2 head Multi Leaf Trio Lettuce
1.5 litres Vegetable Oil (for deep-frying)
1.5 cups Brussels Sprouts
1 cup Thai Basil Leaves (divided)
Salt, to taste
1/2 cup Chopped Cilantro
2 Tbsp Sesame Seeds (divided)
1/4 cup Sriracha Honey Lime Vinaigrette
1.5 Tbsp Honey
1.5 Tbsp Lime Juice
2 tsp Soy Sauce
2 tsp Sriracha
2 tsp Rice Vinegar
1 tsp Sesame Oil
1. Heat oil in a deep fryer or a deep saucepan over low heat to 300˚F. Line two baking sheets with paper towel.
2. Meanwhile, prep the Brussels sprouts. Trim the tip end of each Brussels sprout and dispose of the outer layer. Peel the second and third layer and reserve them in a small bowl. Cut the Brussels sprouts in half.
3. Carefully lower ½ cup of Thai basil leaves into the oil and cook for 10 seconds, until crispy. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the Thai basil on a prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt.
4. Increase the temperature of the frying oil to 375˚F. Carefully lower half of the Brussels sprouts and fry for 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer Brussels sprouts on the other prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt. Repeat with the remaining batch of Brussels sprouts.
5. In a large bowl, combine fried Brussels sprouts, reserved layers of Brussels sprouts, multi leaf lettuce trio leaves, ½ cup of fresh Thai Basil, cilantro, 1 tablespoon sesame seeds and vinaigrette. Mix until well combined, then transfer into a serving dish. Garnish with remaining 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds and fried Thai basil.
In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and whisk until well mixed. Set aside. (Makes a 1/2 cup. Dressing can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 months)