1 cup green lentils
1 1/2 cups walnuts, toasted
freshly squeezed lime
2 tsp cumin powder
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Top with your favourite vegetables
2 diced purple potatoes
1 garnet yam
1 purple carrot
Inspired Greens lettuce as a base
200 gram bag of raw cashews
1/2 cup water
juice of one lemon
dash of sea salt
1. Cook lentils until tender, but not mushy
2. Toast walnuts on cookie sheet for 12 minutes at 350F
3. Dice and steam potatoes and slice carrot
4. Blend soaked raw cashews (can you quick soak method) with lemon juice, water and sea salt. you can even add some of the purple carrots, avocado or herbs for colour!
5. Food process lentils and walnuts
6. Top taco ingredients on lettuce, and enjoy!
Jordan is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist who hopes to inspire happy and healthy lives filled with nature, movement and delicious plant-based food. Jordan has her own practice (Bruce's Roots), offering live blood cell analysis and nutrition consulting in the Vancouver, BC area.
Visit Bruce's Roots
or blog at brucesroots.com