Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
2 tsp (10 mL) sesame seeds, divided
1 lb (500 g) sushi-grade tuna, cut into 3/4-inch (2 cm) chunks
1/4 cup (60 mL) soy sauce
2 tsp (10 mL) rice vinegar
2 tsp (10 mL) lemon juice, divided
1 tsp (5 mL) sesame oil
1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped green onions, divided
4 cups (1 L) Inspired Greens Multileaf Trio
1 avocado, peeled, halved and pitted, chopped
1. Heat small skillet over medium heat; toast sesame seeds for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden. Transfer to plate; let cool.
2. Combine tuna, 1 tsp (5 mL) toasted sesame seeds, soy sauce, rice vinegar, 1 tsp (5 mL) lemon juice, sesame oil and 1/3 cup (75 mL) green onions. Toss greens lightly with remaining lemon juice.
3. In four 2-cup (500 mL) Mason jars, layer half of the greens, tuna mixture and avocado; repeat layers. Top with remaining sesame seeds and green onions.
• Stir a little bit of wasabi paste into the tuna mixture for a real kick.
• For an outdoor patio gathering, set up a Tuna Poke bar: set out Mason jars and ingredients buffet-style and let everyone fill their own. Include additional Asian-inspired ingredients, such as shelled and cooked edamame, pickled ginger, diced cucumber and crumbled dried seaweed if desired.