1 head Inspired Greens Multileaf Trio lettuce
340 g fresh mushrooms such as: oyster, brown & white beech, and crimini
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 shallot, minced
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 sprig fresh thyme
1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
4 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
1 fresh lemon wedges
1-2 Tbsp balsamic glaze
1. Gently clean mushrooms with paper towel, or mushroom brush.
2. Slice, or tear mushrooms to desired size.
3. Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet on medium-high heat, and saute mushrooms for in olive oil with garlic, seasonings, and thyme. Cook for 5-7 minutes until mushrooms are tender, and caramelized.
4. Cut off root ball from lettuce, gently wash the Multileaf Trio leaves, and dry with paper towel. Arrange leaves on platter, and top with warm mushrooms, pine nuts, crumbled goat cheese, and pomegranate seeds.
5. Serve with grilled sourdough bread, and fresh lemon wedges.
Emily Mardell is an Edmonton-based Registered Dietitian with a passion for local food, and family nutrition. Emily’s food philosophy is rooted in joy, and a commitment to helping others reconnect with the food on their table, and each other.
or blog at getjoyfull.com