Inspired Greens Green Batavia
8 large scallops
2 Tbsp avocado oil
1 beet - 1/2 cup roasted, peeled, diced
1 cup pineapple diced
1 jalapeño, minced
1/2 a lime
salt & pepper to taste
1. Tear or cut off 16 pieces of Inspired Greens Green Batavia lettuce, rinse and pat dry with paper towel and set aside.
2. Next combine your salsa ingredients in a small bowl and toss to combine well. Adjust seasoning as needed.
3. Heat your avocado oil in a large frying pan over high heat.
4. Meanwhile, salt and pepper the scallops on both sides. When the oil is hot, add your scallops to the pan, turning the heat down to medium-high. Allow them to sear and brown, approx. 2 minutes. Flip them over and repeat on the second side, cooking for another 2 minutes. Don’t stir them around while cooking, this will prevent them from actually browning which is where all that flavor comes from!
5. Turn off the burner and remove from the heat. Allow them to sit for a couple of minutes to cool down a bit.
6. Plate your lettuce, double stacking the leaves to form 8 lettuce cups. Next, divide your scallops between the cups, leaving them whole or cutting them up into smaller pieces if you prefer. Top with your salsa mixture and garnish with cilantro and more lime if desired.
Lindsay Pleskot is a Vancouver-based Registered Dietitian who also works with clients globally online. Her approach is to focus on what you’re adding into your diet, not what you “can’t” eat. Lindsay’s passion is in the kitchen creating delicious, nutritious and inspiring recipes that will help you save time and eat well in a simple, yet delicious way!
or blog at LindsayPleskot.com